Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Wedding Love

Yes. I'm little crazy for planning a winter wedding in Michigan.

But you see, Big is in grad school year round, so we had... approximately three weekends... of the year we could get married AND go on a honeymoon right after. So, it was decided: December 18th it is! Yay! 

Luckily, I've wanted a winter wedding for quite some time, and Big is pretty agreeable. It's different than spring, summer and fall weddings, and with so many friends and family members also getting married this year, we thought it'd be nice to give everyone a break from the wedding circuit.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't wished our wedding was sooner or at another time of the year. December seems incredibly far away, and maybe I shouldn't have taken such a gamble on the weather?

But then, I see a wedding like this one from Michigan wedding planner Pearls Events and feel 100% satisfied with our choice. This wedding has it all: beautiful, natural decorations, gorgeous snow-covered streets, romantic winter candlelight, a wedding party decked out in black and white, wintry white flowers and a rustic/foresty feel. A look and feel that I hope know will be worth the wait.

I'm in lust... and crossing my fingers that our December 18th wedding is as gorgeous as this couple's wedding at the same time last year!

Anyone else out there having second thoughts about the day or time of their wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment