Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Pair... or Not to Pair

Like most couples, there are a few fundamental things Big and I disagree on. I'm going to let you in on one of them.

 

Big believes socks should be paired. I do not. Houston, we have a problem. 

First of all, I only wear white ankle-length athletic socks. No exceptions. So to me, what's the point? Why should it matter if one ankle sock is Target brand and the other is Hanes? Therefore, I save myself the time and anxiety of pairing socks. It's incredibly frustrating to take the time to pair socks to only have one missing. Where does it go? Was it lost before it went in the wash? It did the laundry gremlins eat it? To me, the angst isn't worth it. I'd rather fish through a drawer to find a "match" or just wear two slightly different but very similar socks.
Big and I occasionally help each other fold our respective laundry. Until this point, I've sat with my fingers crossed and told him I wouldn't pair his socks until we're married. As a dutiful "wife in training" -- as I like to call myself -- I've softened a teensy bit. For example: just yesterday, I helped him with the dreaded task while I recovered from an 18-mile run on his couch. But he'll never get me to cross to the dark side. 

What are the silly things you and your significant other disagree on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment