Wednesday, January 20, 2010

~*Twist on the Classic*~

Before I share any further details about our engagement and wedding, I feel as thought I owe you a proper introduction of the factoids: Our wedding this December in Michigan, and it is going to be the best wedding ever. Fact. Yup, I said it. Word.

After Big and I got engaged, his sister asked if I was one of those "wedding girls."

Um, yea. I guess you could say that.


I watched TLC's "The Wedding Story" every day in middle school -- even if it was a re-run -- and I've been a member of The Knot for years. Yes, years. Basically, I've been gathering details practically since I could walk.

A lot of weddings these days have themes, so as to ensure everything is tied up in one neat, tidy, put-together package. Kind of like branding. 

While we've yet to officially choose many details of the wedding, the theme I've come up with is (cue drumroll) -- "A Twist on the Classic." Think traditional elements with modern, unique and/or slightly vintage touches that are simple and elegant. It's going to be full of lots of beautifulness...  and be all-around unique. Just like us.  

A few other things you should know:

It will be very personal. I want guests, or anyone viewing our photos, to walk away with a better understanding of who we are and why we make sense as a couple.

It's going to be wintry but not Christmasy. This is a wedding, folks! Not a corporate holiday party. Think lots of white and silver. Think pine cones. Think romantic lighting. Think fireplaces (yes, we have one at our reception venue!). Think... "forest in the winter."

It's going to have some DIY elements. Why? a) I'm a bargain shopper and know this is the most economical way to do things; b) I'm surrounded by some pretty seriously talented crafters; and c) I'm a control freak and don't trust anyone else to do to it "my" way.

It's going to be FUN!

And that's it! I can't wait to share all the details here and journal my journey to the alter!

Was your wedding built around a theme? If so, what was it, and how did you decide?

1 comment:

  1. Oh heck yeah!!! My lil' sis and I were Wedding Show addicts. That shiz was goooooood!

    ReplyDelete