Saturday, May 23, 2009

Checking the Box

I awoke this morning to a special gift: A $15 donation to Team TPM! Encouraged, I laced up my kicks, grabbed my 'pod and headed out for my eight-mile run.

Running on Lakeshore Drive is amazing in the summer. Countless runners, walkers, bikers and bladers are out on the trail early in the morning. The energy is contagious, and there's no better feeling than starting off the weekend in a healthy, productive way.

This morning, the sun was shining brightly and the air was crisp with a slight breeze. The run went surprisingly fast, and I felt strong the entire way. I was tempted to tack on a few extra miles but held back. I have a tendency to overdo things and want to avoid injury or overtaining, and I wanted to finish strong and feel encouraged. Mission accomplished. With my first eight-miler down, I'm already getting excited for my next challeng: nine or ten next weekend!

Lakeshore Drive in the Summer



Run High Point: Mile five -- feeling strong while running north past Belmont Harbor
Run Low Point: Minor side cramp just before reaching Castaways at North Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment